"The toughest part of getting to the top of the ladder, is getting through the crowd at the bottom."
Careers in Africa - Commerce
|You are viewing positions 1 - 4 There are 8 positions available in this category.|
|1) Position:||CFO designate – PE Investment|
|Description:|| International PE firm have made a significant investment into high growth distribution business and seek an international MBA / CA with 5 years + strategic finance, corporate development or strategy experience to join their leadership team.|
* You will review and develop their financial systems , processes and commercial contracts to develop a model that tracks their business objectives against business plan and assist the CEO evaluate acquisitions to optimize their growth plans across the region.
|Salary:||$200 + bonus|
|2) Position:||Strategic Finance - Multinational|
|Description:|| Multinational with dominant global presence in consumer product markets seeks an international MBA / CA with 3 – 5 years investment banking / strategy or finance experience to join their Africa business plan activation team.|
* Your role on this team will be to provide strategic business opportunity evaluation input as they roll out their manufacturing, distribution and sales strategy across the region. They are expanding into several territories and your influence will be key in the business achieving optimal return on investment.
|Salary:||$150k + bonus|
|Area:|| Johannesburg / Nairobi / Accra|
|3) Position:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Description:|| We are seeking an experienced CEO to lead a team within a company that manufacturers and distributes high quality generic medicines for the Southern African market. This company has extraordinary growth potential, and needs a Chief Executive Officer that can manage a diverse international marketing effort and coordinate expansion of product development and manufacturing. Experience with consumer-orientated channels of distribution, such as major retailers, manufacturers reps and distributor networks, and/or governmetn procurement in Africa, are a must. |
Compensation will include a base salary, annual performance incentives and long-term incentives in the form of stock options. The position reports to the board and covers the line functions: Operations, Marketing, Sales and Regulatory Affairs.
* University degree required, advanced degree preferred
* Pharmaceutical industry experience; as well as demonstrated management experience (project, process, and people management)
* Superior leadership skills with a strategic and analytical mindset
* Will aim to lead, grow, and inspire staff and colleagues
* Requires outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at various levels of management
* Qualities will include high energy, enthusiasm, self-motivation, stability, resilience, tenacity, and a drive for success
* Ability to travel overnight and by air internationally (in Southern Africa) as needed for company or business development needs
|Salary:||Lucrative $ based salary|
|Area:|| Zambia + Zimbabwe|
|4) Position:||Chief Financial officer|
|Description:|| Our client is a high growth distribution business who have recently secured a large injection of investment capital and seek to expand their business rapidly across Africa and the international markets. The group CFO seeks an experienced financial manager with 10 years + experience to assist him manage the business through this rapid growth process i.e : |
* Your will play an active role in the commercial financial management of the business which will include a highly diverse treasury book
* Establish tight financial controls and IFRS reporting
* Specify and implement systems to establish efficiencies in the business
* Track companies financial and operating results and establish and manage budgets to enable the business to achieve its ambitious business plan
The business has a lucrative bonus scheme and will reward top performance with progression to senior business leadership